Camping is an adventure within itself. But you outta be prepared for all sorts of emergencies and crisis. Not to worry…these absolutely amazing hacks are your way to make camping the best adventure of your life!
1. Use foam floor tiles for a softer, more comfortable tent floor.
2. Secure your toilet paper in an empty coffee can.
3. Strap on a head lamp to a gallon jug of water to make an awesome night lamp.
4. Doritos are great for kindling if you don’t find any
5. Your deodorant doubles as a mosquito bite itch queller.
6. Glue sandpaper to the top of your match holder.
7. Make single-use soap leaves from a single bar using a vegetable peeler
You can also rub them on mosquito bites to relieve the itchiness.
8. Educate yourself about the poisonous plants that prevail in the forest and what they look like.
9. Fill up an empty laundry detergent dispenser and use it as a hand-washing station.
10. Use empty Tic-Tac boxes to store spices and condiments.
11. Pack a mini first-aid kit into an old prescription bottle or Altoids tin.
12. Create an emergency toilet using a bucket and a milk crate.
13. Line your pie iron with foil for easy clean up.
14. Use Silicone cups. They are unbreakable and super easy to pack.
15. Adding sage to your campfire or fire pit keeps mosquitoes and bugs away.
16. Make tin-can sandwich bread as a portable food option.
17. Make a last-minute camping spoon with a knife and a plastic bottle.
18. Use an acorn cap to loudly whistle for help if you’re lost in the woods.
19. Make portable travel coffee bags out of coffee filters and dental floss.
Place a scoop of coffee grounds into a coffee filter and tie it up with dental floss. When you’re ready to brew, just make it like you would make tea in a teabag!
20. Make easy outdoor candle stakes for romantic nighttime lighting.
21. Hang your toiletries from a shower caddy to keep them in one place.
22. Use a 16-ounce water bottle to hold upto 8–9 large eggs.
Pre-scrambling your eggs will save you the trouble of having to figure out a way of transporting them. It also eliminates the need for a separate bowl and whisk.
23. Use Instant Grits to keep away ants. Just sprinkle a little wherever you see ants.
24. Use a belt and some hooks to hang your pots and pans.
25. Keep this informative spider chart to aid in case of emergency situations.
26. Make your own pocket-sized oil lamps out of travel-size or hotel toiletry shampoo bottles.
27. Buy these amazing seat hammocks for car camping.
28. Make emergency light sources out of an Altoids tin, cardboard, and wax.
29. If you’re going to be hiking, use this biodegradable trail-marking tape to avoid getting lost.
30. Forget the meat marinade and put the rosemary right on the coals.
Once the coals are uniformly gray and ashy, cover them with fresh rosemary branches. Your meat and vegetables will be flavored with the taste of savory herbs.
31. Use cut up straw and fill the pieces up with antibiotic ointment or toothpaste for single-use packets.
Use a lighter to seal up the ends.
32. Bring microfiber towels — they’re super absorbent and lightweight.
33. Make pancakes with pre-made pancake mix using shortening and dry milk, which don’t need to be refrigerated.
34. Carry some emergency TP in an Altoids container.
35. Bring a natural tick deterrent.
36. Freeze gallon jugs of water and place them in your cooler.
They’ll keep your food cold, and you’ll have plenty of water to drink for later. You can also freeze other items such as pasta sauces, chili, and pesto to use them later.
37. Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil doubles as a super effective mosquito repellent.
And you won’t smell like bug repellent.
38. Cook cinnabuns (the canned kind) in a hollowed-out orange over a campfire.
39. A miniature Tic Tac box makes a great miniature tackle box.
40. Cotton pads dipped in wax are an easy way to make portable fire starters.
41. Wrapping your meat in cabbage leaves will keep it from getting burnt to a crisp.
The cabbage is dense and moist enough to create the perfect nonstick barrier. No more accidental charred-to-a-crisp meals!
42. Keep extra duct tape for emergencies right on your water bottle.
43. Make pizza in your pie iron with biscuit dough.
- 25 Ecstatic Adrenaline Rushes You Ought To…
- 25 Ecstatic Adrenaline Rushes You Ought To…
- 22 Breathtaking Festivals Around The World That You…
- 28 Strange But Absolutely Mind-Blowing Coca Cola…
- How Virtual Receptionist Can Revolutionize Your…
- 18 Truly Sensational and Magical Places To See…
- How Camping or a Roadtrip Can Boost Mental Health -…
- These Babies Look So Hysterical With Their Angry…
- 26 Eyebrow Disasters That Are So Ridiculously Insane…
- 29 Down Right Genius Prank Ideas For April Fools' Day