“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard. But, before that start, stop the things that’ll hold you back from making new beginnings.
1. Be whoever you want to be in front of the whole world, it doesn’t matter. But, stop lying to YOURSELF.
Yes, lying to your parents, teachers, siblings, friends – has always helped and we all have done it more than once so we know THAT’S OKAY. But don’t ever lie to yourself, it’s a difficult challenge but it’s the nicest thing you can do for yourself.
2. Happiness is PRICELESS so… stop trying to buy it.
To love, laugh and live, we never have to pay anything and thus, all our desires are gifted to us for free, we can’t buy them. Similarly, we can’t buy happiness – we have to somehow find it, it may be hidden right around the corner.
3. And stop looking for happiness exclusively in others.
You have to find happiness in yourself first, only then can you share that happiness with someone else, someone new. You have to be content with what you are and what you have as an INDIVIDUAL.
4. Stop being afraid of trying new things just because you’re afraid of making a mistake.
People make mistakes all the time – that’s how we’re made. But being afraid of making a mistake ends up leaving you adventureless, fun deprived, and what not. Doing something new and making a thousand mistakes is much better than doing nothing and making no mistakes.
5. It’s hard, potentially the hardest thing to do – but stop stooping down to other people’s levels even if they force you to.
A lot of people will look down upon you often enough, just to bring you down to their level, however, lowering your standards for someone insignificant can’t be the right thing to do ever. You’re a good human being and nobody can ever change that until and unless YOU want to.
6. Stop forcing yourself to get into a relationship.
Relationships are beautiful, it’s a fact, but finding a relationship to get through a bad phase is wrong. Get into a relationship when it’s meant to be, not when you want it to be.
7. But also, stop finding flaws in the new relationships because of a horrible past experience.
It’s a big world and there’s an infinitesimal chance that you’ll ever find the same kind of person again in the whole wide world. If you weren’t treated very nicely in your previous relationship, it is the relationship, THAT person or the time you can blame everything on but the new person in your life is not to be blamed and should not be blamed. So, stop looking for problems in your new relationship because it may turn out to be the experience of a lifetime.
8. Stop missing out on the beauty of small moments.
Don’t overlook the beauty of some moments in your life that may seem small at first but later in life, when you look back – you be like, “Did that happen and DID I MISS IT?” and it won’t be around anymore to go back to. Sometimes, those small moments can mean the world to you.
9. Worrying never solves anything so STOP WORRYING SO MUCH.
‘Worrying’ won’t rid you off your burdens for tomorrow. Yes, some worries are inevitable but in that case, stop worrying about things that won’t affect you at all 2-3-5 years down the line, first measure and then worry because there are a million things to worry about in LIFE.
10. Remember, you’re amazing just the way you are and you need to stop pretending to be someone you’re not.
It’s intimidating. A lot of times, you walk into the crowd and realise it’s so not you and you need to just fit in somehow. But you have to realise your exclusivity is what makes you so special. You don’t need to change for people to like you or for that matter, LOVE YOU. So…be yourself.
11. It’s a competitive world but if you don’t stop competing against anyone and everyone, you’ll have less time to focus on what YOU are doing.
It’s not important who has a big car or who is slimmer than you, what matters is how you as an individual are growing every daybreak your own record each day. That is all that matters, trying to be someone else can never be the aim of your life because it’ll do you no good even if you manage to achieve it.
12. Stop doing something you know you can do, do something that’s extraordinary
Try adventures that you can later flaunt about even ‘trying’. You’ve got to learn something each day of your life, life is not easy but taking the easy way out does not teach you anything. Living the hard way is the way to live.
13. Stop victimizing yourself because if you do, that will only increase with time.
If life were that easy, would it be worth living? No. It’s a curveball that life throws at you in phases; sometimes it’s good, some time’s it’s bad but the good part is, they are always alternate, that is, good comes after bad or bad comes after the good. Whenever you feel sorry for yourself, a minute is added to the time before the good side of the curveball comes to you. So, take something out of your bad phase – take some strength, realize the importance of feeling content, and SMILE.
14. Stop holding grudges, it’s a waste of time and effort
Be a bigger person – don’t carry around so much hatred in your heart, instead forgive the person who has done wrong to you because that incident or person is not worth wasting your feelings on. Move forward and don’t let that thing from the past ruin the happiness of your present.
15. Jealousy takes you nowhere so stop being jealous of what PEOPLE are doing.
Are you happy with yourself? That is the question that you need to answer. If you’re not, think of things that make you happy and do them because being jealous of everyone can NEVER solve your problem. In fact, it will always keep your *Panic mode* on.
16. Being a Perfectionist is great but silly most of the time. So, stop trying to be one
In life, people only see what you did – where, why and how perfectly you did the task – is not rewarded by the world after all, it’s what you did that gets you all the praises.
17. Acting like everything’s fine won’t make everything fine so stop hiding it, DO something about it
You can’t be happy always in life, nobody is. It’s okay to have a bad day or a bad phase but it’s not okay to hide your feelings inside. Shed some tears – howl if you want to – it’s healthy. Take out all the sadness from your system and wait for good things to happen soon. Remember the curveball?
18. You’re human, you can only play one role in everyone’s life so stop burdening yourself by trying to be everything to everyone
It’s really kind of you to think of doing as much as you can for every important person in your life but doing that is hard and you may never end up making even one person happy. What matters is when you make that one person smile who means the world to you because it totally makes a difference in that person’s life, all because of YOU.
19. Take responsibility for your own actions, stop blaming others for YOUR problems
Nobody else has the power to take over your life, only you do. If you go on blaming others for all your troubles, that just means you’re running away from your own responsibilities and that will always keep you one step away from taking charge of your own life because IT’S YOURS.
20. Stop doing the same thing again and again
21. Stop wasting time explaining, just do what your heart says
Your loved ones don’t need an explanation, they need you to be YOU and do whatever comes to your mind because they know your every move.
22. Start loving yourself more and stop suppressing your needs
It’s okay to fall in love, in fact it’s the best thing in the world, but losing yourself in the process is not cool and you won’t ever be able to forgive yourself for that. You have needs and you may have a passion too – never give those up just because you have other priorities now. It’s good to care for other people but do not forget that you’re special too and nobody can take care of that more than you yourself.
23. Stop sitting idle because “an empty mind is devil’s workshop”
Don’t end up being idle for too long because you’ll create problems that didn’t even exist at the first place. Be productive, act efficiently and effectively.
24. You need to stop holding on to your past, it’s over, it’s gone
You have a long way to go but to face new beginnings, you have to first make space for it.
25. Don’t be a Pessimist, stop being ungrateful in life
You’re at a place at a point for a reason. Be thankful to God that you have the kind of life you do because look around and you’ll know many people don’t even have that. If you have 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 ears, a nose, and a mouth – just know you’re blessed. Cherish whatever you have today, at this point, instead of missing what you don’t have because you never had it, then how can you miss it?
26. Problems come and go but you shine in the dark when you face them head-on, so stop running from them
It’s not the easiest path you choose and you are definitely not the only person who’s facing issues in life. But only those people who do not turn their backs to their problems and take up the risk of walking on that path, are the ones who are successful because this is exactly what defines their personality in the future. And therefore, it’s worth the time, effort, AND risk.
27. There’s no time to keep spending with the wrong people so stop THAT
Okay, they may be the people you’ve spent most of your life with but as long as you think life is, it’s not. At least it’s not long enough to be more sad than happy, you’re amazing and you deserve a lot better than THIS. You may have spent the happiest moments of your life with that one person but remember, sometimes it’s just not it – you have so many more awesome memories to create.
28. We all have made mistakes in life but the smart thing to do is – stop regretting what wrong you did in the past, it’s history now
Dating the wrong person, not studying in certain exams, choosing the wrong career and the list goes on – but if you hadn’t made these mistakes, how would you know they are mistakes? You have learned a lot from whatever mistakes you’ve made in the past and all you have to do is carry forward the learned lessons and NOTHING ELSE.
29. Stop giving up on opportunities just because you ‘think’ you’re not ready
30. Stop running after things you don’t want.
- 49 Illogical Photos That Will Take You A Second To Truly…
- 51 Insane Everyday Life Hacks That Will Make Your Life…
- Find Out Why Sitting Is Doing You More Bad Than Good?
- Avoidable Casino Betting Mistakes You’re Making and How to…
- 7 Reasons Why You Will Love Rural Living - 2023 Guide
- 5 Wall Decor Ideas to Spice up Your Living Room - 2023 Guide
- How To Stop Electricity Leaks From Electronic Devices
- 25 Pinterest Ideas That Went Horribly Wrong! I Can't Stop…
- 18 Craziest Struggles Only People Living In Delhi Will…
- 21 Things Every Single Indian Girl Is Sick Of Hearing