Love knows no language, no religion, no color and no boundaries. It just has to be pure and divine…a feeling that is a lifetime experience within itself. Its a feeling beyond comparison, a bond unbroken and a connection of two souls for a lifetime and beyond. These inspiring love stories are all this and a lot more. One’s that teach us the meaning of true love and its existence within this world. They inspire us, envelop us and sweep us off our feet. Long live love and all that goes with it.
1. Glenn McDuffie and Gloria Bullard, pictured in the iconic image ‘Kiss’ in Times Square on V-J Day, 1945.
2. The story of the couple that stuck together against all odds:
Taylor Morris and Danielle Kelly: Naval EOD specialist Taylor Morris, was just 23 when he stepped on an IED. In the aftermath, he lost both of his arms and legs. His girlfriend, Danielle Kelly, also 23, has supported him all the way. When Morris received a Bronze Star with valor from the military, he said at the ceremony:
“If I had hands, I’d take this Bronze Star and pin it to Danielle. It’s been so hard and she’s been there the whole time.”
3. The man who is teaching his girlfriend the alphabet after she lost her memory:
4. Marine Isiah Beauchamp surprises his girlfriend with a proposal during halftime at a game at their old high school.
5. A man kisses his girlfriend after she was knocked down during the riots following the Stanley Cup in Vancouver.
6. Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Phillip together forever.
Phillip and Elizabeth met when she was only 13 years old , and it was love at first sight for the young Princess, who began writing him letters. They became secretly engaged in 1946, but her family insisted that they delay their announcement until after Elizabeth’s 21st birthday. They were married in 1947. The Queen on her loyal King consort:
” He is someone who doesn’t take easily to compliments. But he has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I and his whole family, in this and many other countries, owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim or we shall ever know”
7. U.S. Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class, Marissa Gaeta is the first off the ship to kiss her girlfriend upon returning home to Virginia Beach, 2011.
8. These photos of grooms seeing their brides for the first time:
9. Together for 33 years….Married for one.
10. Dear Photograph, Thank you for everything we had.
11. California National Guardsman hanging out the window of a train, kissing his wife good-bye, 1950.
12. Bogart and Bacall
Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart were married from 1945 until Bogart’s death in 1957. They met on the set of Bacall’s first ever film, “To Have and Have Not.” When Bogart passed away at just 57, he was buried with a small gold whistle that had been part of a charm bracelet he had given to “Baby” (Bacall) before they married. It was inscribed with a quote from ” To Have and Have Not” :
“If you want anything just whistle”
13. Elizabeth Taylor and then husband Richard Burton share one of their many epically romantic moments together, 1968.
14. Daniel surprises Candyce:
15. Jean Moore kneels and kisses her fiancé, World War II veteran Ralph Neppel, at the White House, 1945.
16. A couple holds hands during their wedding ceremony the day after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on DOMA in New York City, 2013.
17. Actress Martha O’Driscoll kisses a soldier goodbye in Los Angeles, 1941.
18. Emilie Gossiaux and Alan Lundgard
Brooklynite Emilie was riding her bicycle when she was struck by an 18-wheeler. Her bones were crushed, her face smashed and her optic nerve was severed, blinding the already hearing-impaired 21 year old. Doctors feared she would never wake up, and told her parents to seek a nursing home. They didn’t believe she would ever be rehabilitated because she could no communicate.
Her boyfriend Alan refused to give in to this possibility, but Emilie did not get better. One night at 3 AM, just days before she was due to be moved to a nursing home, Alan had an idea: to try communicating with Emilie via ‘Print-on-Palm’ (the same technique Sullivan pioneered with Helen Keller). He took her left hand and wrote ” I love you” into her palm. Emilie responded immediately. “Oh, you love me? Thank you.” Although at first she still didn’t know who he was, Alan pressed on, and soon, with the help of her hearing aids, she remembered everything. Emilie was transferred to the Rusk Center, one of New York’s leading rehabilitation facilities. She is blind, but she is herself.
19. This woman whose husband passed away but whom she still has lunch with every day:
20. Louis Armstrong plays for his wife in Gaza, 1961.
21. John Lennon and Yoko Ono drawing together at their Greenwich Village Apartment, 1972.
“John said ‘I want to plant an acorn.’ I thought it was such a beautiful idea: an acorn as sculpture. So I said I would do the same, we will plant two acorns together. On was planted in the East, because I come from the East, and John planted one in the west. But the idea that ‘East is East and West is West, the two shall not meet’ was turned around into “East and West together. John said ‘Yes mine is in the West, but it’s right next to you. ‘ We thought that was very beautiful, that we had made a revolution in a sense, that we changed physical distance with our love” – Yoko Ono.
22. The couple who always had their wedding outfits hanging together:
23. These sandals found in the coffin of Eung-Tae Lee, a 16th century man who died at the age of 30, leaving his pregnant widow behind. These sandals are woven from her hair, and were accompanied by a letter, which was resting on his chest.
To Won’s Father
June 1, 1586
You always said, “Dear, let’s live together until our hair turns gray and die on the same day.” How could you pass away without me? Who should I and our little boy listen to and how should we live? How could you go ahead of me?
How did you bring your heart to me and how did I bring my heart to you? Whenever we lay down together you always told me, “Dear, do other people cherish and love each other like we do? Are they really like us?” How could you leave all that behind and go ahead of me?
I just cannot live without you. I just want to go to you. Please take me to where you are. My feelings toward you I cannot forget in this world and my sorrow knows no limit. Where would I put my heart in now and how can I live with the child missing you?
Please look at this letter and tell me in detail in my dreams. Because I want to listen to your saying in detail in my dreams I write this letter and put it in. Look closely and talk to me.
I give birth to the child in me, who should it call father? Can anyone fathom how I feel? There is no tragedy like this under the sky.
You are just in another place, and not in such a deep grief as I am. There is no limit and end to my sorrows that I write roughly. Please look closely at this letter and come to me in my dreams and show yourself in detail and tell me. I believe I can see you in my dreams. Come to me secretly and show yourself. There is no limit to what I want to say and I stop here.
24. Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor
Married and divorced twice, Burton and Taylor were in love with one another until the end of their days but could not make their marriage work. Burton once compared their love to an “exciting volcano.”
In November 1968, Burton wrote: ” I have been inordinately lucky all my life but the greatest luck of all has been Elizabeth. She has turned me into a model man but not a prig, she is a wildly exciting lover-mistress, she is shy and witty, she is nobody’s fool. She is a brilliant actress, she is beautiful beyond the dreams of pornography, she can be arrogant and willful, she is clement and loving. She is Sunday’s child, she can tolerate my impossibilities and my drunkenness, she is an ache in the stomach when I’m away from her and she loves me. She is the prospectus that can never be entirely cataloged, an almanac for poor Richard. And I shall love her forever.”
25. These romantic moments from Photobooths:
26. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
Married for 50 years, Joanne and Paul lived in the same Connecticut farmhouse for 48 of them. “Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, not that’s a real treat.” – Joanne Woodward.
” I have steak at home. Why should I go out for a hamburger?” – Paul Newman on resisting other women.
27. This outstanding husband trying to find a kidney donor for his wife:
28. Actress Marlene Dietrich kisses a serviceman upon entering the Hollywood Canteen in Los Angeles, 1943.
29. Marine Sgt. Brandon Morgan returns home and leaps for joy upon seeing his partner in Hawaii, 2012.
30. Lucille Ball and her husband Desi Arnaz get ready for their closeup, 1955.
31. 60 years of being by each other’s side:
34. The Lovers of Valdaro
Human skeletons estimated to be 6000 years old, believed to be a man and a woman no older than 20. Found in Valdaro, Northern Italy.
35. Ahmad and Fatima
Ahmad and Fatima are a young married couple. Fatima has no legs and Ahmad has no arms. They take care of each other, understand each other and their love is as deep and as pure as can be.
36. A married couple, Michael A. Knaapen and John Becker
in Washington D.C. embraces after a Supreme Court ruling issues that parts of DOMA (the Defense of Marriage Act) are unconstitutional, 2013.
37. Phyllis Siegel, 76, and Connie Kopelov, 84
Embrace after becoming the first same-sex couple to get married at the Manhattan City Clerk’s office, Sunday, July 24, 2011, in New York.
38. Gloria Bullard
The woman believed to be in Eisenstaedt’s original Times Square photo, and World War II fighter pilot Jerry Yellin reenact the image on the anniversary of V-J Day in New York City, 2013.
- The 31 Most Awkward Baby Photos In The History Of Baby…
- The 31 Most Awkward Pregnancy Photos In The History Of…
- The 39 Most Awkward Dad Photos In The History Of Dad Photos
- The 33 Most Awkward Engagement Photos In The History Of…
- 29 of The Most Influential Images of All Time
- 5 Inspirational Gifts Ideas That Can Motivate Anyone - 2022…
- 34 Worst Kids Haircuts Of All Time
- 5 Common Diaper Mistakes All First-Time Moms Make in 2022
- 29 Wackiest Most Absurd Family Photos Ever
- 25 Most Powerful Propaganda Posters That Made All The…