1. A haunting yet sad image of two children who live by scavenging on a junkyard in Kathmandu, Nepal.
2. A woman's last moments with her friend...
3. An Iraqi prisoner of war tries to calm down his son. (2003)
4. A mother and her 3 year-old daughter, who were attacked with acid by their husband/father find comfort in each other's arms.
5. A young cancer patient draws her wish on a mirror.
6. U.S. soldier breaks down after meeting his baby girl for the first time.
7. A newborn albino baby cuddles alongside his cousin for a peaceful sleep in Kinshasa, Congo.
8. Little girl handing water bottles to two riot officers during protests in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
11. A World War II veteran gets sentimental at a Victory Day parade in Russia.
12. The joy of new life...
13. A soldier rescues a little girl from the deadly Beslan School Massacre which left 324 people dead. (2004)
14. Eyes that witnessed a nuclear disaster, Hiroshima. (1963)
15. A local woman prays at the MH17 crash site, Donetsk oblast, Ukraine.
16. A girl reads in front of her class at Mir Ali Ahmad Girls School in Afghanistan - a country where education of girls has always been a major taboo.
17. Public bus passengers desperately try to help out a woman who tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist with a fruit knife.
18. A vulture waits patiently for the malnourished child to die - a photograph that took the photographer's life. (1992)
Kevin Carter, a budding young photographer, took this picture while on his trip to South Sudan. This photograph was first published by the New York Times and it went insanely viral overnight. People called in to know the fate of the child, but the only answer they got was - 'I don't know' While this photo touched the hearts of millions, it was also heavily criticized as curiosity about the starving child grew more and more. As described by his friend, Carter returned from the trip depressed as hell, not being able to forget the horror of the photo. He couldn't get it out of his mind...the photograph completely enveloped his thoughts and finally forced him to commit suicide out of guilt and helplessness.
19. A boy weeps out a sigh of relief after rescuing his sister from underneath the rubble of their home, Syria. (2014)
20. A German girl enjoys the moment of a lifetime after being reunited with her father, a World War II prisoner, released by the Soviet Union. She had not seen her father since she was one-year-old. (1956)
21. Miss Landmine Contestants, Luanda, Angola. (2008)
22. Iowa gay couple finally tie the knot after 72 long years.
25. Good music makes even the most ignorant stop in their paths...
27. Love is beautiful...
28. Blind albino boys in their boarding room at a mission school for the blind in West Bengal, India. (2013)
29. A Syrian refugee kisses the 10-day-old baby she carried with her to safety across the border into Jordan.
30. A 9-year old girl flees from a village in Vietnam, after a napalm bomb was accidentally dropped on it by a plane of the Vietnam Air Force. The girl saved herself by tearing off her burning clothes.
31. A Palestinian boy groans in agony after coming home from school and realizing that his family house had been demolished.
32. Teresa, a child in a residence for disturbed children, draws a picture of "home" on the blackboard. She grew up in a concentration camp, Poland, (1948)
33. A Palestinian girl walks besides Islamic Jihad militants in Gaza City, Palestine, armed with a Kalashnikov rifle.
34. The sad reality of a Giraffe and Polar Bear kept in captivity...
35. Visually impaired albino girl adorns a beautiful white dress at the Special Needs Education Resource Centre, Malawi, Africa.
36. Patient has an open-heart surgery whilst being awake.
37. An Iranian girl practices parkour in Tehran.
38. A Japanese boy stands in silence after bringing the dead body of his younger brother to a cremation pyre. (1945)
39. Polish men plead for mercy moments before their execution on Bloody Sunday - Bydgoszcz. (1939)
40. Terri Gurrola rejoices at being reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months .
41. A devastated boy holds on tight to his dead father’s trousers as he sits beside the spot where his father is to be buried on a mass burial ground for the victims of a deadly earthquake in Armenia. (2002)
42. A child, cuddling a kitten, rests under a shelter in Ludian County, China, two days after a 6.1 earthquake destroyed his village.
43. U.S. firefighter, Chris Wagener, after pulling out a 6 year old Aaliyah Frazier from a burning apartment.
44. A 6 year-old boy, living in an orphanage in Austria hugs his new pair of shoes in joy, given to him by the American Red Cross. (1946)
45. 100,000 monks gather together to make a prayer for a better world.
46. A terminally ill mother watches her daughter's first dance over Skype.
47. After spending more than five years in a North Vietnamese camp, Lt. Col. Robert L. Stirm is reunited with his family.