1. Abused Circus Elephants Who Were Miraculously Reunited in an Elephant Sanctuary After Being 25 Years Apart.
2. Koko, The Gorilla, Goes Highly Emotional After Watching a Sad Scene in a Movie.
3. The Two Guide Dogs Who Saved The Lives of Their Blind Owners By Leading Them Down 70 Floors in the World Trade Center Before The Towers Collapsed on September 11.
Guide dogs Salty and Roselle were awarded a joint Dickin Medal “For remaining loyally at the side of their blind owners, courageously leading them down more than 70 floors of the World Trade Center and to a place of safety following the terrorist attack on New York on 11 September 2001.”
4. Coaley the Great Dane, Who Helps Raise Baby Chimpanzees.
Molly Badham and Nathan Evans founded a sanctuary for monkeys. It is now one of the largest areas dedicated to primates in the world. They've gotten help caring for the primates from a unexpected breed...Great Danes! They have proved to be gentle giants that are wonderful caregivers for orphaned monkeys.
5. Alex the Parrot's Touching Last Words.
Alex the African gray parrot was able to count and identify colors, and he had a beautiful relationship with his person, Irene Pepperberg. When Alex died in 2007, his last words to her were “You be good. I love you.”
6. The Beluga Whale, Who Saved a Free Diver Who Got Accidentally Cramped Up 20 Feet Below the Surface and Thought She Was Gonna Die.
When free-diver Yang Yun tried to return from the bottom of an arctic pool, she found that her legs had cramped up and she couldn’t move.
“I began to choke and sank even lower and I thought that was it for me – I was dead. Until I felt this incredible force under me driving me to the surface.” A Beluga whale named Mila had seen what was happening and sprang into action, guiding Yun safely back to the top of the pool.
7. The Chimps Who Stood Grieving For Their Dead Friend and Watched Her Being Laid To Rest.
At a Chimpanzee Rescue Center in Cameroon, a chimp named Dorothy died of heart failure. What happened next was amazing: Her fellow chimps hugged each other in solidarity and solemnly watched as their friend was laid to rest.
8. This Herd of Elephants, Who Inexplicably Marched to Mourn The Death of The "Elephant Whisperer."
When author and legendary conservationist Lawrence Anthony died, these South African elephants marched for 2 hours through the Zululand bush until they reached his house. These elephants had been saved by Anthony years ago, after they were deemed violent and sentenced to death. Anthony rehabilitated the animals and gave them a chance at a better life.
9. The German Shepherd, Who Has Become a Seeing Eye For a Blind Spaniel. They Call it 'Puppy Love'.
When Ellie, a blind spaniel, was adopted by shelter manager Jean Spencer, she never expected that her other dog, Leo, would choose to become her very own seeing-eye dog. “I take them for walks in the park and Leo guides Ellie around,” says Spencer. “He is so protective and herds the more boisterous dogs away from her.”
10. The Amazing Story of Christian The Lion, Who's Reunion With Their Owners is The Most Heart-warming Reunion of All Time.
11. This Outstanding Friendship Between a Dolphin and a Seal Despite Nature Telling Them They Should Be Enemies.
In the wild, these two would be top competitors for food, but instead Jet and Miri have been best friends since infancy. The two live at Pet Porpoise Pool Marine Park in Coffs Harbour, Australia and are inseparable. Nothing makes them happier than playing together.
12. The Gorilla Who Remembered His Old Friend.
13. This Dog Who Said "Thank You" The Only Way She Knew How.
Caught in a house fire, this mother and her pups were saved by this wonderful firefighter. A photographer spotted the firefighter resting after his last trip inside the burning house, while the mother dog approached him. The photographer picked up their camera just in time to capture this beautiful shot.
14. This Dog and Orangutan Saved Each Other From a Life of Sadness.
When he was 3, Roscoe the orangutan was heartbroken by the loss of his parents. He stopped eating and was not responding to medical treatment. He had given up on life. At the same time, an older, sickly dog was found in the zoo and brought to their animal treatment center. The two met and have been inseparable ever since.
15. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier Who Saved Her Owner From a Deadly Machete Gang.
Patricia Adshead was making tea when three men wearing masks and wielding machetes broke into her home. Adshead’s ex-husband rushed to help, but one of the assailants sliced through his hand with a machete.
“I was trapped in the kitchen with Oi and one of the men. He raised the machete over my head,” she said.“Oi jumped up and bit his hand. He brought the machete down on her head but she still chased him out of the house. If she hadn’t gone for him I would have been dead. She saved my life.”
16. The Jack Russell Terrier Who Sacrificed His Life to Rescue Five Children From Wild Dogs.
In 2007, five children were playing with George when they were attacked by pit bulls. “George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them,” said one of the children about the attack, “but they started to bite him - one on the head and the other on the back.” His heroic intervention saved the children, though he later died from his injuries. George was posthumously awarded a medal for bravery.
17. Hanama The Orangutan, Who Fosters Deserted Cubs. Aren't They The Most Adorable Little Cubs in The World?
Hanama is the proud father of abandoned lion and tiger cubs. He helps feed these fuzzy cubs, becoming a rather unnatural babysitter for them, until they are able to take care of themselves.
Animals are definitely the soul soothers, pain relievers and the most affectionate little creatures ever. Their love for us is unconditional, devoted and whatever happens once they fall in love with you...they never forget you....even if you stay apart for years. Yes, there love is this pure and unadulterated. Respect them, love them, care for them because they will do the same for you no matter what.