1. I must stop pretending to be aware of current affairs
because it really hurts when at that very point, someone starts talking about a news story and you're totally lost.
2. And I must start reading a newspaper instead.
You know it in your heart that THAT would help you increase your general knowledge the most.
3. I must stop falling in love with every second person I date
because when it actually should happen, your history may scare your 'present' partner away.
4. More importantly, I must put an end to the list of people I have dated
before your parents put forward a list of 'eligible bachelors' you SHOULD marry.
5. I must stop acting like I am THE only person in this world dealing with life issues
because to be honest, your life issues may not make sense always.
6. Before I tell myself and my friends that I am "ready" for a relationship, I must think twice
because as much as you wish it was that easy, you can't buy a partner in the market (to be honest).
7. I must quit smoking NOW without looking for excuses not to
as it may not be the best habit you have picked up in years.
8. I must not hog even if I am starting to diet from the 1st of next month
because you may end up gaining some weight that won't really go without 'exercising' ON TOP OF dieting.
9. I must not mistake my "work vacations" for my "showering vacation"
because you may really get used to it and well, that will be a problem.
10. I must stop "googl-ing" every silly thing that comes to my mind
because sometimes, it really doesn't help.
11. I must stop making Facebook the story of my life and get a life first instead
because that is much more important I guess.
12. I must not cry at every little thing that I and only I feel, is the end of the world
as you yourself can't deal with it when someone else does the same thing in front of you.
13. I must try other new appropriate expressions for my Profile pictures on social media other than pouting of course
because that'll be 'appropriate'.
14. I must not victimise myself after I have taken some decisions myself
because it would be more helpful if you started 'rejuvenating' your relationship with your friends.
15. I must drop this 'smart phone' obsession
before you get diagnosed with INSOMNIA.
16. And I must stop the 'not-so-good-for-health' social media stalking
because it really makes no difference who your ex is dating 'currently'.
17. I must stop saying or even thinking of saying LOL instead of laughing when talking in person
considering the "SMS phase" should be a thing of the past by now.
18. I must (at least) try and be more productive than spending day and night on my computer
apart from the times you're working online, which is rare because you get distracted even then.
19. I must stop delaying important work stuff
because "tomorrow never comes", it is only the last date or deadline that arrives.
20. I must stop giving my "drunken-ness" as an excuse for every horrible thing I do
because trust me, nobody buys it now.
21. And I must stop taking it for granted that people will accommodate with my drinking habits
because honestly, they don't need to.
22. For god's sake, I must stop making a fool of myself by 'drunk' texting my ex
because firstly, it's your PAST and secondly, you're not in high school anymore.
23. I must stop saying "I'm broke" and start saving instead.
Like stop getting drunk and paying for the whole group or eat outside every second day. In short, know your budget.
24. May be, I should redefine chilling plans with my friends, make it a "coffee plan" instead of "drinking scenes" each and every time
because you do need a break from alcohol or you may want to accept that you're turning into an ALCOHOLIC.